Who are we and what do we do?
The Slovak Magnetic Society (SMAGS) is a voluntary, non-profit scientific and technical association, that involves industrial and also academic interests of the wide public in all areas of the magnetism. The main mission of the Society is to present magnetism as a source of information, material and intellectual wealth, to the wide public.
The SMAGS is a membership organization of the Association of Slovak Scientific and Technological Societies (ZSVTS).
The goals of the Society are:
- to serve to the professional activities in the area of magnetism, magnetic science, research, public health, engineering and education;
- to support interdisciplinary co-operation among scientists, teachers, health workers and engineers - magnetists;
- to organize magnetic seminars focused on the technical and applied magnetism and modern magnetic materials;
- to support to organize interdisciplinary scientific conferences (as Czech and Slovak Conference of Magnetism, Physics of Materials, Sensorics and Magnetometry) and non-scientific meetings;
- to organize the Stefan Jedlik Award Competition for the students of Slovak universities for the best final (Bc., Ing. Mgr., PhD.) thesis in the area of applied magnetism and magnetic materials;
- to spread information about magnetism to the wide public and particularly to the magnetic community.
- President - Prof. RNDr. Rastislav Varga, DrSc.
- Vice-president - Ing. RNDr. Jozef Onufer, PhD.
- Secretary - Assoc. Prof. Ing. Pavol Lipovsky, PhD.
- Treasurer - Assoc. Prof. Ing. Katarina Draganova, PhD.
- Member - Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Jan Fuzer, PhD.
- Member - Ing. František Andrejka, PhD..
Board of Supervisors:
- Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Maria Kladivova, PhD.
- Mgr. Tomas Ryba, PhD.
- Ing. Miroslav Smelko, PhD.
Affiliates (contact persons):
- Pavol Jozef Safarik University in Kosice, Faculty of Science (Mgr. Tomas Ryba)
- Technical University of Kosice, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (RNDr. Ing. Jozef Onufer)
- Technical University of Kosice, Faculty of Aeronautics (Ing. Pavol Lipovsky, PhD.)
- Industrial companies (Ing. Milos Predmersky, CSc.)
- Slovak Academy of Sciences in Kosice (RNDr. Marek Varga, PhD.)
- Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava (RNDr. Beata Butvinova, CSc.)
Specialized sections (supervisors):
- Magnetic materials (RNDr. Ivan Skorvanek, CSc.)
- Non-oriented silicon strips for electrotechnics (Ing. Milos Predmersky, PhD.)
- Electrotechnical steels (RNDr. Frantisek Kovac, CSc.)
- Nanocrystalline magnetic materials (Prof. RNDr. Pavol Sovak, CSc.)
- Amorphous magnetic alloys (Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Ladislav Novak, CSc.)
- Magnetic microwires and their technical applications (Prof. RNDr. Rastislav Varga, DrSc.)
- Magnetic metallic strips prepared by the melt quick cooling (RNDr. Pavol Butvin, CSc.)
- Magnetic liquids (RNDr. Milan Timko, CSc.)
- Magnetic sensors and magnetometry (Prof. Ing. Josef Blazek, CSc.)
- Magnetization properties of MMM (Prof. RNDr. Jan Ziman, CSc.)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance in magnetic materials (Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Dusan Olcak, Csc.)